Healing Mind, Body, and Spirit by Heather Barrett Schauers

"The real purpose of attaining better physical health and longer life is not just the mere enjoyment of a pain and disease free existence, but a higher, divine purpose for which life was given to us. All endeavors toward attaining better health would be wasted efforts unless the healthy body is used as a worthy temple in which the spirit will dwell and be developed. The purpose of our lives is not just the building of beautiful bodies, but perfecting and refining our divine spirit and becoming more God-like. I wish to emphasize that there is a divine nature and purpose to all life, and that the real reason for achieving good health and building a strong, healthy body, is to prepare a way for our spiritual growth and perfection." --Paavo Airola


Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Food Fighters


I am a Food Fighter

Have you seen Moana? The scene when Moana tells the ocean to choose someone else was how I felt at the beginning of April when I was faced with writing this newsletter again. I think many people come to that point where they feel like they are figuratively trying to hold back a river with one hand, no one else cares, and it's just not doing anything.
I didn't know what more to say about wise eating. Yet I still come across those willing to carry on as a "food fighter," and I admire what they say and what they are trying to do. So today I will echo what some of them are saying. The link below is one of my favorite concise video explanations of the "sugar excess crisis" of our day. Check it out!
Another person I discovered was Dr. M.K. Strydom from Zimbabwe, who wrote a book called Healing begins with Sanctification of the Heart. He included a few chapters on food and states: "Processed sugar of any kind is the first and most important substance to completely eliminate from your diet because it is fertilizer that feeds disease and impairs healing." Then he further points out that  despite it being a documented medical fact that sugar feeds disease, oncologists serve cookies and sweets in their waiting rooms, and hospital food menus include five pages of desserts. How can we change that? Well he's trying.
I know who I am. I can't take the things I have learned and been given lightly. Like Moana, even if no one out there at all listens, or helps, the call is inside me, and I will keep trying to make a difference.

Food Revolution Summit

I subscribe to Dr Tom O'Bryan, and this month he is promoting this effort to inform people of wise food choices:
"Once each year, my friends and colleagues, John and Ocean Robbins, bring together hundreds of thousands of people, and 24 of the top food experts on the planet, for the Food Revolution Summit. This is THE place to get the latest breaking insights about how you can unleash the power of food to fight cancer, heart disease, diabetes and dementia – and to stand up for a better world.
Never before in the history of the world has safe and healthy food been a more important topic. Our lives are on the line.By taking action to get involved, you’re standing for the food revolution we all need to ensure our health and the health of future generations. I’ll see you during the Summit!
Dr. Tom O’Bryan"

One last thing.

A friend of mine sent me the following message that made my day:
"I finished your book Very well written! It's a huge change--but we are going to take it in baby steps. Thanks!"

Happy to help.

For more information, go to www.wisefoodmind.com

No comments:

Post a Comment