Healing Mind, Body, and Spirit by Heather Barrett Schauers

"The real purpose of attaining better physical health and longer life is not just the mere enjoyment of a pain and disease free existence, but a higher, divine purpose for which life was given to us. All endeavors toward attaining better health would be wasted efforts unless the healthy body is used as a worthy temple in which the spirit will dwell and be developed. The purpose of our lives is not just the building of beautiful bodies, but perfecting and refining our divine spirit and becoming more God-like. I wish to emphasize that there is a divine nature and purpose to all life, and that the real reason for achieving good health and building a strong, healthy body, is to prepare a way for our spiritual growth and perfection." --Paavo Airola


Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Vitamin Supplements

Before I start the Clean Out, I want to disclose what vitamins and supplements I am taking in case you are interested in doing the same. My brother works for NuSkin and he supplies me with LifePak multi vitamins of just about every vitamin and mineral you can think of, a pack of 4 is one serving, and I take this twice a week. On the other days, I choose specific vitamins I want extra of. The reasons I take these specific supplements are from doing research on blood sugar regulation and mental health regulation and trying what works best for my body.

Pancreatic Enzymes daily
Vitamin C daily
Vitamin Bs daily
Vitamin A and D combination daily
TriChromium every other day
Vitamin E ever other day
Beta Plus (bile supplement for those who don't have a gall bladder) every other day
Calcium every other day
Slow release Iron (occasionally)
Magnesium (occasionally)
5-HTP (as needed when I'm feeling on the verge of depression)
Probiotics (as needed, or when on an antibiotic)
Raw psyllium husk as a fiber supplement when my bowels are not regular
Licorice root tea occasionally
Peppermint tea occasionally

Tips before you Clean Out
  • A nice blender and food processor make preparation much easier and I have found them to be a valuable investment
  • Be sure to stock up on spices, especially onion powder, salt, and pepper as they are used daily
  • You can get most things at the local grocery store, but some ingredients are only found at a health food store or online, like vanilla bean powder
  • My recipes are suggestions, you can substitute whatever dish you'd like as long as you follow the rules and principles of the clean out
  • Worth noting that some nutritionists claim microwaving makes food more toxic, so I avoid it when possible
  • Drink lots of water in between meals to help your body adjust to the new diet
  • Have a food diary in the kitchen to record any adverse or positive digestive responses
  • For the past 3 years I have been eating "hypoglycemic style" so I never get too full or too hungry. (I eat my food in small amounts throughout the day, i.e. celery 6:00 am, egg and grapefruit 7:00 am, banola 10:00 am, shrimp with lemon 12:00 pm, fresh fruit 3:00 pm, baked potato and herbs 5:30 or 6:00 pm, banana and coconut milk 8:30 pm.)  I have set up the Clean Out to 3 basic meals a day, but you can spread it out throughout the day if you prefer, it's a little more gentle on your system.

No comments:

Post a Comment