Healing Mind, Body, and Spirit by Heather Barrett Schauers

"The real purpose of attaining better physical health and longer life is not just the mere enjoyment of a pain and disease free existence, but a higher, divine purpose for which life was given to us. All endeavors toward attaining better health would be wasted efforts unless the healthy body is used as a worthy temple in which the spirit will dwell and be developed. The purpose of our lives is not just the building of beautiful bodies, but perfecting and refining our divine spirit and becoming more God-like. I wish to emphasize that there is a divine nature and purpose to all life, and that the real reason for achieving good health and building a strong, healthy body, is to prepare a way for our spiritual growth and perfection." --Paavo Airola


Monday, December 1, 2014

Grateful

Today I am overflowing with gratitude for my life. I know I have entered old age kicking and screaming, so bitter and frustrated that my body doesn't function like it used to, but in many ways I still functions very well. How fortunate I am!  I don't spend nearly enough time writing about or thinking about how wonderful life is, I'm so busy surviving I don't take time to live.

I'm grateful for freedom to move and live according to my will, freedom from tyrannical government and freedom to worship as I choose, freedom to choose to be happy and friendly and kind to others instead of bitter and resentful.  I'm grateful for companionship and love and family, I'm grateful for a smart hard working husband who provides me financial security and trusts me with our finances. I'm grateful for three healthy intelligent children who are precious and learning and doing their best with the life given them. I'm grateful for family and friends all around me, for those who listen and support and love me despite my weaknesses, who pray for me and are there if I ever need anything. I'm grateful for cars, and washers and dryers, dishwashers, phones, internet, and instant communication. I'm grateful for clean water, available and abundant food, and millions of recipes at our fingertips. I'm grateful for doctors and tests and healthcare, I can see so many trying to push against the darkness of not understanding how our bodies work and find enlightenment to increase our quality of life and help us live longer and easier. I'm grateful for God, my Heavenly Father, and His Son, my Savior, and I trust him and will try to be patient, finding joy in each day and being willing to submit to His will no matter what. 

"Oh, earth, you are too wonderful for anybody to realize you. Does anyone ever realize life while they live it...every, every minute?"

--Our Town by Thornton Wilder

No comments:

Post a Comment