Healing Mind, Body, and Spirit by Heather Barrett Schauers

"The real purpose of attaining better physical health and longer life is not just the mere enjoyment of a pain and disease free existence, but a higher, divine purpose for which life was given to us. All endeavors toward attaining better health would be wasted efforts unless the healthy body is used as a worthy temple in which the spirit will dwell and be developed. The purpose of our lives is not just the building of beautiful bodies, but perfecting and refining our divine spirit and becoming more God-like. I wish to emphasize that there is a divine nature and purpose to all life, and that the real reason for achieving good health and building a strong, healthy body, is to prepare a way for our spiritual growth and perfection." --Paavo Airola


Thursday, April 10, 2014

Christian



I was baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints on June 8, 1986 in Orem Utah. My parents were also baptized into the church at the age of 8, as were their parents, all four lines, and I have a direct descendant Tunis Rappleye who crossed the plains with Brigham Young, so you could say I was raised in a rich LDS cultural heritage.  The LDS gospel has been so intricately woven into my psyche I can't imagine what it would be like to make decisions in life without it, not that it makes me any better than anyone else, it just defines me on many levels, for better or for worse. Nevertheless I feel very blessed for my heritage, and am indebted to all these good people for the righteous people they were. I'm grateful for my parents who continued a righteous heritage with their ten children.
My story involves being directed by the Holy Ghost to find the cure that would help me, so I must be upfront about my religious beliefs. I defend what I learned about the dangers of sugar with religious fervor, standing up and stating "I belief sugar is harmful" is at about the same level of conviction as  "I believe my church is true." This is because God led me to it, and I fear God more than humans, which is why I dare go against the grain of culture and assert that what we have been told about sugar being harmless our whole life is the adversary's way of keeping us in bondage.  People will call me a crazy extremist, I know because I called anti-sugar people that myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment